Thursday, February 24, 2022

Rhododendron Trail Flimsy!

It's finished! I enjoyed participating in Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I don't normally go for pink, but this quilt is so bright and cheerful that it's definitely growing on me. I changed my quilt from Bonnie Hunter's original design; I used the border geese for the sashing and omitted the solid aqua sashing. I also reduced the number of rows and added a fabric border.

I have a bunch of blocks leftover, so I am definitely going to figure out something else to make with them. I'm thinking about making one lap quilt and using the rest for the backing on the big one.
This completes my One Monthly Goal, with a few days to spare! 

This flimsy will get tucked into the tub and will get quilted once I get my new Handiquilter long arm. I think our basement is going to be finished in the next two weeks and then we can figure out how we're going to shuffle around the furniture and fit in the long arm. 

I'm linking up with

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting Rhododendron to the finished flimsy stage. That's no small task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a lot of work, but I'm happy how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Oh very pretty!!!!and we know how labor intensive those quilts are - good for you for finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad I did. I'm hoping to start the Laundry Basket mystery quilt and I needed this one done before I started.

      Delete