Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Tuesday To Do #28

This week went by so fast. I can't believe it's already Tuesday again, so I guess it's time for another Tuesday To Do. Thanks to Linda for hosting the weekly linkup party.

We didn't do much celebrating for Xmas this year, but we did enjoy a nice meal on the day. We didn't see anyone outside our household. That, of course, gave me a lot of extra time to work on sewing projects. 

I was able to finish everything on my list from last week.

  1.  Trim down all the pieces that are already sewn together.  ✔︎
  2.  Finish Part 4 of the Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt.  ✔︎
  3.  Get started on Part 5 when it comes out on Monday.  ✔︎
Luckily, I was able to do all of the trimming of pieces while we were watching cheesy xmas movies so I am all caught up through Part 4.
I spent a couple hours this morning cutting out pieces for Part 5 but I didn't manage to finish them all; it will probably be another 3 hours or so to get through all of them. I continued using the Cricut to cut out the pieces because I would rather not waste the fabric for all the little triangle corners that get trimmed off the finished seams. 

It's very possible I don't have enough pink fabric so I may have to drop by my local JoAnn's to get another piece of pink in order to finish. I guess I will see how many more pieces will be needed to finish. If this is the last round of pink cutting, I'll make it. But if there is more, I may have to go fabric shopping. Wouldn't that be horrible—not! =)


My goals for next Tuesday are:
  1.  I'd like to finish Parts 5 and 6 of the Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt;
  2.  I'd like to get started on the first color for RSC 2022 (assuming the first color is released during the next week); 
  3.  I think I'll join Prairie Moon Quilts for the Studio Organizing Challenge; and
  4.  I'd like to figure out what I'm going to make next. I'm thinking about making the Jade Garden quilt (you can download the pattern for free); I bought all the fabric for it and I've been itching to get started.
You all have a lovely New Year's Day. As usual, we don't have plans. The pandemic has discouraged us from going out much. Hopefully, next year will be better...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a quiet Christmas like we did, and we are planning the same kind of New Year's Eve! Jade Garden looks gorgeous (I peeked at the free pattern), and I understand why you're itching to get to it.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete