Thursday, December 30, 2021

Another Pink Project

My goal this year is to spend the bulk of my time doing sew alongs, blog hops, and whatever else sparks my fancy. A few days ago I noticed the Tickled Pink blog hop and thought it would be fun to participate, especially since I had just put together a design for a heart-themed quilt in Electric Quilt.
I'm calling it Pieces of My Heart.
I've been wanting to try foundation piecing and this project gives me the excuse. My goal is for each block to be unique. EQ had quite a few hearts included plus I grabbed a couple of free designs online, like the ones on this page from Carol Doak. 

I'm not entirely sure how many total blocks I'll make. Likely, the size will depend on how many I can get finished between now and my day on the blog hop: Feb 16. It really helps me to have a deadline.

After finishing today's Studio Organizing Challenge, I decided to pull out some scraps and play with making a crazy style block. It's not the most stellar example because I didn't plan the layout at all and I was really scrounging for pink scraps, but it will do for a first effort. Maybe I'll try making another once I get some more pink fabrics.
I broke down and ordered some of the cheap pink fabrics from Marshall Dry Goods. I've ordered their $5/yard cottons in the past and they're sort of hit and miss on the quality. Sometimes they don't look so good after you wash them, but I'll be sure and prewash them before I use them so I can avoid the bad spots.

4 comments:

  1. That will be perfect for your challenge. Good luck with the Marshall Dry Goods fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They'll probably be fine, but I am sort of picky about my fabrics.

      Delete
  2. Your heart looks fabulous! I can't believe you were scrounging for pinks! A restock is always helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is my favorite color so I tend to buy a lot of those.

      Delete