Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Tuesday ToDo #26

Last week my tasks were to work on my Morris Garden quilt. Since I'd already cut the white triangles out, I needed to start putting together the blocks and assemble the quilt per the plan. It took a couple of days, but I finished the central blocks.

I'm really pleased with how the kaleidoscope squares turned out. It's difficult to see in the larger photo how the vines and leaves are all twisted up.
I still need to add the border. I had planned to just put on a basic border with a mitered corner, but now I'm wondering if I can maybe match the corners so the design aligns. Since the repeat on the border fabric is very small (less than 3") it may be possible, but I need to lay it out and see how close it is.
I had planned to finish over the weekend, but I went and picked up some library books instead and that often distracts me for a couple of days. This time I got several quilt books and I scanned the designs I liked and ended up playing with Electric Quilt again. LOL

My list for this next week:
  • Finish adding the border.
  • Make the backing.
  • Make 2 sets of pillowcases.
I'm linking up with Tuesday ToDo.

9 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous quilt! Congratulations on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad I gave this quilt a try. I was worried it would be too difficult for me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I still haven't figured out the border, but hopefully I will soon. I'd like to do something fancy, but I'm bad at math.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful... the fabrics are perfect for that design...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was pleased when I found the design and realized this set would be perfect for it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my what a beautiful quilt! Your fabrics are exquisite. Can't wait to see how you border it. Did that border fabric come with it, or did you buy it separate?
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That border fabric was part of the same fabric line, but when I bought them I wasn't sure what pattern I would be making.

      Delete
  5. Such a labor of love, Sharon. Absolutely gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete