By today, I had all the pieces assembled and I could start putting together the quilt. I tried doing one mitered seam then decided it was going to be too difficult to get all the points to line up perfectly so I made the decision to tear apart all those kaleidoscope squares I had already sewn together so I could sew corners onto the octagons. It was an easier decision once I realized I could fit 2/3rds of the quilt up on the design wall.
The ripping added a bit of time, but I think my final assembly is a little smoother.
As of bedtime tonight, I have three rows finished—half of the central blocks—and have finished ripping apart all the kaleidoscope squares. I'm quite happy with how it is turning out. I should be able to just sew tomorrow unless I get distracted by something else. LOL
I'm also linking up with Finished or Not Friday.