Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Tuesday To Do #24

Last Tuesday I wrote about working on my Morris Garden quilt. I hoped during the week I could 
  • Cut out and assemble the rest of the red and blue diamonds.
  • Cut out the white triangles.
  • Start putting together the blocks.
  • Assemble the quilt blocks per the plan.
Sadly, I discovered I didn't have enough of the white fabric that was part of the fabric line. I only need about 1¼ yards, but I only have one yard. It's a bummer, but I didn't have anything in my stash that I both had enough yardage and liked what it looked like with the other fabrics. So, I ordered a replacement fabric and now I'm waiting for it to show up before I can continue work on this quilt.

I did everything I could without the white fabric.
While I wait, I've been trying to finish up quick little projects that have been hanging around unfinished in my sewing room.

Over the weekend, I made six mug rugs from some scrap HSTs.
Then yesterday, I picked up another small project I'd set aside in April. It was actually easier than I expected to sew all those Y-seams.
I originally intended to make mug rugs from these small blocks (they're about 5-inches), but now that I have already made six, I'm thinking about piecing them together into a larger block. I haven't decided yet.

With any luck, I'll get the replacement white fabric soon and I'll be able to resume work on the Morris Garden quilt this coming week. I will go ahead and carry forward the remaining items on the list.
  • Cut out the white triangles.
  • Start putting together the blocks.
  • Assemble the quilt blocks per the plan.
Linking up with Tuesday ToDo.

17 comments:

  1. Morris Garden is a wonderful project, I imagine your frustration when you realized that the white fabric would not be enough. But soon you will be able to work on it again.
    You made pretty mug hugs.
    Happy stitching new week, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's one of the problems of buying fabric when you don't what project you're making. Oh well.

      Delete
  2. Your Morris Garden blocks are beautiful. I love that pattern. I know what you mean about white fabrics. They have to look right, and it amazes me how many different whites there are. I hope your replacement fabric arrives soon. In the meantime, your mug rugs and small blocks look so pretty!
    Thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the fabric I ordered will work. We used to have an amazing fabric store in town and I have really missed it.

      Delete
  3. It's always tough when we discover we don't have quite enough fabric!! Egads! I love how you used up your HST triangles for the mug rugs! Very cute! Have a lovely week and hope you get your fabric soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm just trying to keep busy and be productive. Hopefully the white fabric will come tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. It’s such a bummer to have not quite enough! Hopefully, you’ll be back to making Morris Garden blocks soon! Way to use the leftover HST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons why I buy so much fabric now. By the time I figure out the project I want to make, I realize I need more of one of the fabrics. I should just stop buying fabrics before I know what the project will be.

      Delete
  5. Morris Garden is a beautiful design, and I loved seeing your start on the blocks! Glad you found something that will work for the background, too. Your HST mugrugs are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does have a very different look from Jenni Beyer's original fabric choices, but I think it will look nice once it's finished.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sharon! Gosh, you got pretty far on Morris Garden in spite of the lack of white fabric. Wrapping up those smaller projects that were set aside is a great use of your time. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm just trying to keep busy, though I should be sifting stuff down the basement rather than sewing. But sewing is way more fun than cleaning. LOL

      Delete
  7. Wow! Your fabrics for the Morris Garden quilt are gorgeous! Hope your fabric arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to arrive today. Crossing my fingers it does. I'm so anxious to get back to work on this quilt.

      Delete
  8. How gorgeous will that quilt be!!!! Love it. And the mug rugs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I hope your family is doing better now.

      Delete
  9. From this post and the photos in previous posts about your Morris Garden, it will be gorgeous. It's too bad you had to order fabric and wait. I hope it comes soon so you can continue work!

    ReplyDelete